Holes in Your Soles 04/09/14


You laid your head in my lap And said it was home to you
You closed your eyes and I watched as your pulse reached them.
I saw your heart beat in your eyes that night
It was beating so fast that I wondered what thoughts were going through your mind
I tried to get a grip of what was happening inside of you
But there were holes in your soul
There were holes in your soles
As soon as I shut my eyes in the state of comfortability you were gone from me
You ran as fast as your heart beat as your punctured soul escaped through the soles of your feet

Did I beat you? Did I over power you with the words I love you that you felt punished? Was I too forceful? Did I come on a little to strong when I told you I wanted this forever? Did I not make love to you? Did you feel I lusted you hoping you would want me because I gave my sexuality to you?

You are running! Even with the holes in the soles of your feet & I cannot catch up to you. I am speeding in the path that you made for me to follow but you are disappearing at every corner. Stand still would you? I just want to talk to you. Get an understanding of how I wronged you

Can I stitch the holes in your soul or are they in your heart? Maybe I read you wrong . Maybe you're a puzzle I just cannot solve. Maybe you are too broken for repair or maybe just maybe you are a reflection of this girl here. Maybe I am broken too. Maybe our pieces are intermingled and I cannot find you because I cannot identify myself. You are disappearing at every corner because at every turn you lose a piece of yourself and gain a piece of me. We are losing our identities. We don't know our names anymore so when I call you in the distance you don't answer to your parents sons name anymore.

What if I named you broken? Would you answer to that? Do you know that you are an art piece of two broken beings but you still are beautiful? You still are a work deemed to be loved by another. I am that spectator. I look at you and see the creation of two hands that has turned dust into beauty, thas made broken feel so homely.

I am running, crescent holes in the soles of my shoes. I am catching up to you. I will soon surpass you as every corner you have turned I have picked up a piece of you. I am losing my soul as crescent holes have formed and allowed it to escape . I am becoming more of you and soon you will be more of me. I will soon be able to understand your journey. And maybe just maybe we will be one. The swapping of our identities will cause us to understand how far the other has come. I will appreciate the extent of this marathon run. I will continue to love you in secret until your fear of being loved is gone. And maybe just maybe your lap will soon be home but I promise my love, the day I lay in your lap & close my eyes, heartbeat throbbing through my lids causing you to be comfortable enough to close your own; I will not run from you..

Comments

Popular Posts