This is Not a Love Poem 01/07/13

He said let me touch the part of you that is the color closest to my complexion
Let me make love to the part of you that pokes out from the soft surface of your skin
Can I show you affection
Can my lips make love to your lips and no my darling my intentions aren't in between your hips

It's just I've waited 3 long years to be more than a friend to you
To prove I'm worth more than these other dudes
To prove that for these last few years I've only been trying to love you
But I was turned away by the words " I don't want to lose my friendship with you"

I'm not one to write love poems but if I did I would write one for him
To show him that he's worth my dedication unlike the rest of them
My faithfulness for all the times I rejected him
My love that needless to say will never end

My only problem is... 
Every time I think to write a love poem my fingers cringe and sometimes the ink runs low in my pens or even my paper is to thin so it rips
And just when it rips, I think of his touch on my lips and how he said his destination wasn't in between my hips And shall I say those two statements complete his love poem to me needing no imagination, just his compassion

He finds value where those before him found trinkets
He's placed love on the lips that are close to his complexion
There is honestly in his touch from naval up and his love and him are two things I refuse to give up

I was his only choice and he is and will always be mine

Like I said I'm not one to write love poems but this time I didn't write it. Instead I typed it for him to see that he was worth my mind finding a way to take the time out to love him; adore him and express it all in a poem.

This is not a love poem because love never ends and our love doesn't run thin 
I'll just say this is a temporary poem. 
One created in the moment to be the caption of our loves monument 

I'm waiting for the next touch of his lips on the darkest part of me closest to his complexion as my lips have gotten darker from the fire of his affection
Simply stated: This is not a love poem. this poem is just dedicated to him

Comments

Popular Posts