Tried Kings 01/05/15

You tried didn't you?
You tried to buy the most expensive clothes to fit in and look the par
You tried to buy the newest pair of Giussepe's even though they aren't your style
You tried to satisfy their version of sharp didn't you?

They laughed when you didn't have stacks sitting around because you deposited them into the bank and bills
They laughed when you'd say no to drink and smoking with them
Granted it's okay for an occasional drink or two,
But you still said no didn't you?

I applaud you for working hard to bring your dreams to fruition
Investing your money in your future, your family, and yourself rather than the local liquor store or a designer who doesn't know your name

I know rejecting temptation isn't easy
I know not being society's last choice isn't easy
I know being worn out isn't easy
But lasting greatness will never come easy

I know you're worn out from paying back Sally Mae, applying for internships, working two jobs, going to school and making sure your family is okay.
But King, I am here for it all.
Fall back on me if you must; I am your support system when being sharp is far out of reach... And being worn out becomes too big of a burden to bare.

One day, the (used-to-be)sharpest pencils will speak your name and wish they were the worn out pencil with you.

Comments

Popular Posts