The Games that Play Us 03/13/14

It took us a dance at a party
It took me telling my girls how love struck I was by you
It took you asking your bro if he was close with me 
It took him & my girl talking 
It took a ride around DC 
It took three ----- to be faced
It took shots of ------ to burn my heart
It took a random kiss on a Friday night 
It took you wanting more than cuddling
It took holiday breaks 
It took all of that for me to realize that there was a game being played by us
It took winter break for me to realize I wasn't what you wanted
You had other girls in mind 
You were holding my heart on a thin line 
You squeezed it without knowing
It bled to death
Your eyes were no longer mine to look into
Your soul was no longer mine to capture
Your hands were no longer mine to hold
Your lap was no longer mine to lie on
Your bed was no longer mine to sleep in 
Your window was no longer mine to stare at our reflection 
This game board you constructed... It has a handbook that I've never seen
This is not the game I'm used to
I'm used to playing but I never saw the day I would get played until today 
I see you walking around with her
Her back on your chest feeling every inch of you
I'm.... I'm not used to this 
I see pictures of yellow flowers you bought her
We could have never shined that bright as she was always somewhere in the picture
I just never recognized her until now when I see you chase her
I see your smile when you glance at her
I see her smile when you do new things for her
I see the game that is played as I see you & deem myself to not exist to you until you grab me 
And question why I don't say hi to you
You hug me in the arms that I wanted to be my own so I swiftly remove myself before I start to feel at home
I don't want to exist to you because I don't want to want you
I walk past you because I can't stand to see you
I say nothing because hi isn't all I have to say to you
I have questions about this handbook
I have questions about where I fell off
I have questions about the games played on us by you, on me by you
What day did you wake up & not have feelings like you used to...?

Comments

Popular Posts