Nine Things I Want to Say to My Black Man 01/07/13

1. I thank God for making you. For molding you. For changing you to be the man that you were deep inside. For revealing the man in you that you often did hide

2. I drowned myself in love for you. You were the one person I knew I could always come to. Never did you judge me; put someone before me; neglect me or fail to remind me that you loved me. I was you and I knew for sure that you were me

3. I often conversate in my head trying to hear your voice. One day had come and heaven was your choice. I sometimes find that you live in my head and then I remember you didn't leave me but only took a few steps ahead.

4. One of these days I'll catch up. We will take and finish up where we left off. We will reminisce on the old times and I'll ask you have I ever crossed your mind

5. I'm stuck in an illusion. I'm still bombarded with confusion. How did this happen? Was there anything I could have done to stop it? Before I continue on with my dreams of certain things, I deeply wonder if you truly remember me.

6. I often desire to go off and get lost in your hometown. Stand on the basketball court where you promised you'd show me how you get down. Your basketball sits in my room and it will collect dust until you come back home

7. I miss you. My heart beats for you. As our song plays my heart often vibrates. It's become more than a song but instead our story that we tried to find all along. I miss it being just us two with nowhere to go and nothing to do.

8. Thank you. All I can say is thank you. You taught me to love me even if I wasn't loved by anybody. To trust myself and to accept who I was meant to be. You taught me that my words mattered. You held my heart together so that it wouldn't shatter. You were my bestfriend and in you I found something. I found love that was present nowhere else. I found peace that I couldn't find in myself

9. I knew the type of man I wanted to marry when I walked past the line that stood outside of your funeral. I knew the privilege of having you as a father. I knew you as a man of love wit and impacts. But that night I knew of a man who had greater qualities than that. 

Dear Pops there's so much I have to tell you. There's so much I want to show you. I can't wait until graduation when I can yell I did it for you. Until then; I love you and I miss you

Comments

Popular Posts