Marilyn 02/16/15


"Too many people are holding themselves hostage in situations they need freedom from..."-@RestoredProdigal

Marilyn mommy told me about girls like you
She told me that people have hurt them along the way
They have been torn and scarred by people who had vowed to love them
People only wanted sex from them
They put forth a good act pretending to be great men & then they get what they wanted...
But Marilyn they left you for somebody else
They didn't  stay with you

They don't stay with us. They pretend to be asleep on the exit side of our bed and instead they listen to our nightly transformation and once they hear our late night breathing patterns, they roll out of the bed and escape our desired forevers.
No kisses on the foreheads.
No well wishes for a good night.
No apologies.
No warning signs.
They just leave us.

Mommy told me about the guys that would rape us
The ones close to us who knew no boundaries
The ones who had one objective
The ones who we loved enough to go unprotected

Like the time we threw our hearts into the hands of a man who never showed he was worth it
When we threw trust into the words of a man with a plan

Marilyn, I'm broken up too
I confided in Jack and Mary's garden
I didn't want to die like you
That white powder it did something to you
And I know it felt better than confronting the destruction of the past, but I wonder if it ever healed you

Did you die in peace?
Did your hidden truths hold you hostage?
Did you know freedom from your past?
Did your pain lie under the red dress that shaped your hips?

Marilyn, I've been there before
I wish I could talk to you and tell you how I got over
How I cried alone and became weak
Got too tired to even say hello when people would speak

But Marilyn, there is another side to our stories
There were days to follow after our lonely trails of promiscuity
I'm just sorry I couldn't be there to tell you when it happened to you... You were suffering alone
I'm sorry I couldn't save you

Marilyn, I vow to pour my love into our fellow superwomen
I promise to guide them home
I promise to guide them to freedom
I promise... I promise to never let them wear a red dress with an infamous beauty mark to cover up the scars and invite men to continue to play with their bones.

I promise to save us.

Comments

Popular Posts